Thursday, February 23, 2017

He Knows Before We Do

Yesterday was one of those rough days. My son had been spitting up. It was a very smelly spit up so my guess is a sour tummy since he did not have a fever and he's fine today. It was a church night and typically I go to the church earlier in the day but had stayed home with the little man. 

It was finally time to go. I grabbed the diaper bag and baby and left. Everything was going fine until I went to change my sons diaper. 

It has been awhile since he has taken aim on me, but he attempted. He failed in getting me, but managed to soak his clothes including his socks. I reached in to the diaper bag and found a onesie and that was it. I cringed. My first thought was "Well, it is unseasonably warm in Wisconsin for February, he'll be fine with just the onesie for church". Then I thought of all the helpful advice I'd receive about making my son sick.

I put my son in his car seat and pulled out the container to mix a bottle up for him. I noticed I had prepped two bottles with water, but had not refilled the container with formula. I only had enough for one bottle. Another parenting fail if my son were to get hungry before we headed home.

I sighed and mixed the bottle. I dropped the baby off with my Pastor's wife and flew off to the nearby Goodwill. I found pants, but could not find socks. I ran over to Pick N Save with a hope and prayer, but that was fruitless.

I headed back to church. I needed to get the baby dressed before church started and anyone noticed my half naked son. I thought, "Well, I have pants. He'll be fine withou socks. It is 63 degrees in February".

When I arrived at the church I raced in and explained my dilemma to my friend and her family as they walked in along with me. I went to retrieve my son from my Pastor's wife. I was standing there explaining to her my fail on getting socks. As I explained, my friends daughter walked up to me holding this cute pair of boots for my son. I nearly wept. Now I could have my son dressed head to toe and avoid the helpful tips from others.


You see it has been one of those weeks where I feel like a parent fail. Not just a feeling, but was even told it. God knew what was going to happen last night. He knew what I would be able to do and where He would need to come in. I'll never forget seeing a smiling young lady holding a pair of boots and the feeling of relief.

I'm thankful I serve a God who knows what I need before I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment