Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hanging Clothes Out On The Clothesline

It has been unseasonably warm the last couple of days here in Wisconsin. This has created a flurry in our house to wash laundry and get them outside to dry on the clothesline.


While hanging clothes out on the line is time consuming (in my opinion), it has so many benefits that far outweigh the any negatives.

Benefits:
- You save money. In the summer, we use our gas appliances so little that every year WE Energies sends us a letter saying they think our meter is broke and charge us an estimated fee. We used to call and demand the estimation be removed from the bill, but once start using the appliances again they issue us a credit. This is helpful in the fall months preceding the holiday season.
- Lots of vitamin D. As I said, in my opinion, it can take some extra time, but you do get to spend that time out in the sun.
- Your laundry smells amazing. I went downstairs early in the morning to grab a bottle for my son. As I walked up the steps I was hit with the wonderful fragrance of outside. I had changed our bed yesterday. The sheets were from the drawer, but the bedspread I had washed and dried outside. Our entire upstairs and stairway had a fresh smell from one bedspread.
- Improved mood. Of course, everything smells fresh and you've spent time outside soaking up that vitamin D.

So, if you haven't done so in the past, I encourage you to, in anyway possible dry your clothes outside when the weather is permitting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment