Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Note From Daddy: Realizing The Change

I felt it today. I hadn't noticed it before, but it was happening. I started to realize the change.


I walk into a store and I look at diapers. I look at baby toys. I look at baby clothes. I had never noticed these items on the store shelves before. There was a change in my life.


I've organized my house to make room for my boy's stuff. Cupboards that were once filled with items we've never used are now filled with his bottles, bowls and food. A shelf in the bathroom was cleared for his bathroom needs and everywhere I look I can see his toys and pacifiers. There's been a change in my home.


Now when I turn on the tv, I no longer watch the news, sports or my favorite sitcoms. I look for educational children shows such as Sesame Street. There's been a change in my lifestyle.


I no longer work long hours to satisfy my own wants. I work for him to give him a warm and safe home and to supply his every need. (I say within reason, but know in the back of my head I will give him whatever he wants) There's been a change in my priorities.


You think you know love. You've always had your mother and father's love. I love my wife, but nothing compares to this new love. It is a whole new feeling, this love for my child. It's a love that can make you smile, but cry. Today I realize the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment