Thursday, March 16, 2017

My Treasure

Today, I put a 12 month outfit on my almost six month old son. It was just a little big, but oh so very cute! It brought the tears.  Everyday I experience something that causes my heart to swell with pride at the same time it clenches with a pang of sorrow. Then another memory is formed. It's hard to believe that six months ago I didn't have him in my life. He is a treasure that just keeps bringing more joy.

 

I am already overflowing with memories. Each time he smiles at me, when he jumps excitedly in his jumperoo because I've walked in to the room, watching him belly laugh as he plays with his daddy, when he puts his hand on my cheek and then snuggles in close, when he buries his head in my neck and breathes in deep. These are just a few of my favorites, but then again, how do you really choose a favorite memory?

There was one day that I thought these moments would never be. Now every moment is treasured. Don't get me wrong! This boy is a typical baby who sometimes cries, whines and makes me question sanity, but even these moments I try to treasure. I wouldn't have all the other memories if I didn't have him. I also wouldn't have a typical baby then. I have a friend who says "he's perfect" and he is, but in my mind wouldn't be if he wasn't a typical baby.

All of this is prominent in my mind because I realized something today. I remember throughout my pregnancy and after my son was first born I would wake up in the morning and make my first thought to be a thank you to God for gifting me with this wonderful gift. As time has gone by and life has gotten busier, I forget. So today, I take time out of the hectic schedule to say "thank you God for my perfect gift, this beautiful treasure".

No comments:

Post a Comment