Thursday, October 16, 2014

Dinner & A Movie


Last week I received an email from Marcus Theater  Movie Rewards offering me two tickets to watch John Wick. It's free right? So why not? My husband agreed, we picked up the tickets and waited for the time. So quit the chit chat and say if it's a good movie or not right?

First, I will say we went out for dinner. We almost did not make it to the movie after. I was not feeling well after eating. My husband drove around a little bit with the window down and things got better. Once there, we stood in line for awhile. I was pretty impressed with the line of people that were already there waiting. The irritating part of all of this was listening to people (including my husband) complain how they were not allowing a cell phones in the theater. Really people? It tells you this right in the email. I strive to understand why you would HAVE to have your cell phone in a movie theater anyway. Sit back and relax. You are at the theater watching a movie for free. Ok, rant over!

On with the movie review. I thought it was pretty good. Without completely spoiling it, I will say that there is a scene near the start of the movie that made me heart sick. However, the rest of the movie was action packed with a little bit of humor mixed in with it. Keanu Reeves did a great job playing this part. My husband did not like it as much, but was not able to articulate why he did not like it. It is okay, I will donate a thumb to give two thumbs up from our family.


#JohnWick

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have to admit, I have downplayed Keanu Reeves unfairly. Like many I have this mental image of him as Neo in "the Matrix" though he certainly has played good roles in other films. I did not go to see "47 Ronin" for this reason. I will go ahead and watch John Wick next time I'm at the movie theater. I noticed you have tickets for another film on Facebook the other day, did you already go see that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We learned on Jimmy Kimmel that Keanu Reeves is 50 years old! Nothing like that piece of knowledge to make you feel a little old.
      Yes, my husband and I will be able to go see Nightcrawlers next week Wednesday.

      Delete